The Dominican Cuisine is delicious, lots of different delicious options to taste. I find that the most common foods that the locals eat are rice, plantains, beans and chicken. In this gallery, you will see all the different types of foods I ate while in the Dominican Republic and what you can expect. This is not everything but I took as many pictures as I could. I wish I took more, but this gives you a good idea.
For your own information: you will not see any of America’s popular fast food restaurants like McDonald’s, or KFC, etc unless you are in the capital city if the Dominican Republic – Santo Domingo. Even there you won’t see them everywhere but expect to see them in all the big malls.
Below are the best Dominican dishes:
- Habichuelas con Dulce (Sweet Cream of Beans)
- Sancocho (7-Meat Stew)
- Arroz Blanco (White Rice)
- Mangú (Plantain Mash)
- Habichuelas Guisadas (Stewed Bean)
- Pollo Guisado (Braised Chicken)
- Ensalada Verde (Green Salad)
- Tostones (Twice-Fried Plantains)